Thursday, July 17, 2014

Bonjour Jolie June Review


This is a review for a monthly box subscription called Bonjour Jolie.
For $16 + $5 shipping if you live in the United States you will receive a package of goodies right in time for that terrible time of the month. 


Bonjour Jolie allows you to pick 25 feminine hygiene items each month and they include all sorts of extra pampering gifts. They pretty much have every brand of pad, panty liner,  tampon etc you can think of and if not you can request it.


You do not have to keep your selection to a specific item. If you want 25 tampons go for it, but you can get a few pads, a few liners, whatever as long as it adds up to 25 items.


The way I figure, you spend $8 or so each month on a box of tampons. For $13 more you get them delivered directly and in discreetly to your door as well as teas, body scrubs, chocolates, special hand picked gifts etc. Just what you need to start off a dreadful week.
This company is made up of 5 individuals.  Period. They put so much thought and heart into their boxes. Usually they stick with themes depending on the month or holiday.
I think Bonjour Jolie is an absolutely wonderful thing and $21 to put a smile on my face and make that week a little better is worth it. Plus no more buying tampons at the grocery store. 
For the month of June they had a Favorite Things theme. 

What's Inside:

 Louis thinks everything is his..

 Vaseline lotion sample, advil packets, homemade soap, homemade eye shadow, body powder and feminine wipes.

 Various teas, the most delicious sea salt caramels but also the most disgusting hard candies (sorry ladies..) a big chocolate chunk cookie and peach lollypop.

A handmade Indian wrap that can be used as a scarf or wrap around your waist to cover you while in a swimsuit.  

Verdict: Miss.

I love this company, truely, but I was not impressed with this box. I was so excited to see it because I saw someone else post her silk wrap and it was a beautiful purple and pink color and mine looks like it came straight out of the amazon... not my style.. The hard candies are on my list of worst things I have ever tasted. The soap went in the trash. It smelled weird but I at least tried it and it made my skin feel gross.  I haven't tried the shadow yet, seems super messy in that tiny vial. The vaseline lotion had maybe 2 uses max, and it was fine, not anything to scream about. I will never use body powder,  ever. So pretty much I spent $21 on tampons and 2 delicious caramels. I realize I sound like such a snob and I don't mean to be. But it is my opinion and this just wasn't my favorite.  I contacted Bonjour Jolie and asked to do their Extras Only subscription which is everything but the feminine protection for $15 monthly instead of $21. They have me so stocked up on tampons anyway. Hopefully next month will be a better box for me.


If you are interested in a subscription with Bonjour Jolie, please visit 
Http://www.bonjourjolie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment