Tuesday, July 15, 2014

KitNipBox June Review

KitNipBox is a fairly new monthly box subscription for cats. Their first box was May of this year. I unfortunately was forced to put my 18 year old diabetic cat to sleep on May 16 due to finding out her liver was failing 10 days prior. She would have loved a monthly box like this back in her good old days. Just one week before her diagnosis I found her sitting in an empty Citrus Lane box. My husband and I took my cat's death hard, me especially. I have had her since I was seven years old. We knew that we would have to adopt another cat as soon as possible, not to replace her as that is not remotely a possibility but to help heal our brokenness and bring some joy into our lives. We brought Louie home from a near by rescue on May 28. I immediately signed him up for KitNipBox after reading reviews and checking out all of the different pet box subs websites.  I thought I would sign him up for MeowBox at first but their monthly cost is rather high at close to $30. KitNipBox offers a few different priced subs.  That was the deal maker.

Different sized boxes for different prices:
1.

2.

3.

What's included in each box:

I choose to get option #2. Not too expensive and it ensures my kitty will be spoiled. If I had more than one cat I think I'd consider option #3 but you really do get a packed box with the $19 subscription choice. 

They do not charge your credit card until they ship your box which is always the 1st of the month. This is the first box sub I have heard of doing that
 Very cool and makes sense!


What Louie received:

"Ms Bekkah’s Corner Crochet Mouse Toy"
 A handmade crochet mouse toy from an artisan in Virginia, who donates a portion of her creations to animal welfare organizations on a monthly basis and uses recycled yarn.

Handmade organic cat nip pillow toys from an artisan in Maine. 
Each pillow is filled with a soft stuffing and more than a tablespoon of USDA certified organic dried catnip.

Crinkle ball and toy mouse

"Benny Bullys Cat Treats – Liver"
One ingredient only, liver. 

"Greenie’s Dental Cleaning Treats"

"Daily Best"
1 Vitamin supplement

"Business Catual Bowtie"
9% of the profits from the bowties go to no-kill animal welfare organizations in Portland OR. They are made from recycled materials such as old flannel shirts and sheets.

"Cat Charmer Toy"
Designed for excellent aerobic exercise and hours of fun!

My... er..Louie's verdict:

He loved the cat Charmer toy the most. It is super safe for cats the way it is designed. I always worry about dangly things being eaten and wrapping around the cat's intestines and killing the cat. Not really possible with this toy.
He loves the toy mouse,  catnip pillow, crunchy ball and yarn mouse. I think it's lovely that KitNipBox partners up with artists and charities in hopes of giving back to rescues and helping out cats in the long run. Such a wonderful thing and I respect them for that.
The treats were so so for Mr. Louie. He is still so young though, he is not quite used to treats yet. I will try them again on him later.


Overall this is such a great company and they have quickly become one of my favorites to receive.

Please visit their website at
Http://www.kitnipbox.com and spoil your cat by ordering one today!


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just passing information on to keep your baby safe. I ordered a KitNipBox in August which carried a very unsafe mylar streamer toy. My beautiful, healthy 8 yr old boy Latte some how got this toy and ate the streamers off. He then required surgery and died shortly after.

    KitNipBox toys are unsafe/untested. They have been around less than 2 years, and quite frankly are amateurs.

    I miss my sweet boy. This Christmas is simply brutal without him. Please don't allow any mylar at all in your home, and thoroughly check out those KitNipBox's.

    ReplyDelete