Tuesday, July 15, 2014

KitNipBox July Review


KitNipBox is a fairly new monthly box subscription for cats. Their first box was May of this year. I unfortunately was forced to put my 18 year old diabetic cat to sleep on May 16 due to finding out her liver was failing 10 days prior. She would have loved a monthly box like this back in her good old days. Just one week before her diagnosis I found her sitting in an empty Citrus Lane box. My husband and I took my cat's death hard, me especially. I have had her since I was seven years old. We knew that we would have to adopt another cat as soon as possible, not to replace her as that is not remotely a possibility but to help heal our brokenness and bring some joy into our lives. We brought Louie home from a near by rescue on May 28. I immediately signed him up for KitNipBox after reading reviews and checking out all of the different pet box subs websites.  I thought I would sign him up for MeowBox at first but their monthly cost is rather high at close to $30. KitNipBox offers a few different priced subs.  That was the deal maker.

Different sized boxes for different prices:
1.

2.

3.

What's included in each box:

I choose to get option #2. Not too expensive and it ensures my kitty will be spoiled. If I had more than one cat I think I'd consider option #3 but you really do get a packed box with the $19 subscription choice. 

They do not charge your credit card until they ship your box which is always the 1st of the month. This is the first box sub I have heard of doing that
 Very cool and makes sense!



What Louie received:


"Business Catual Bowtie"
9% of the profits from the bowties go to no-kill animal welfare organizations in Portland OR. They are made from recycled materials such as old flannel shirts and sheets.

"Multi-Colored Fur Weasel Fun Toy For Cats"

"Laser Cat Toy"
Comes with batteries, a keychain, and 4 interchangeable images.

"Pet Greens Semi-Moist Treats"

"Beadle Bop & Company Taco Catnip Toys"
 A Taco Catnip toy from an artist/student living in Wisconsin. She makes each toy by hand and adds fresh catnip.

"Patriotic Cat Pin"
This was an extra from the KitNipBox team. I put magnet on the back side and now it's hanging on my fridge.

"Cat Whiskers"
Homemade with thin rolled cardboard whiskers and a piece of felt in the muddle, perfect for carrying around.

My... er..Louie's verdict:
Such a cute and well put together box. Loved the 4th of July themed tissue paper and patriotic bow tie. PS I can only get pictures of him in it while he is sleeping.  He hates bow ties and tries eating them.
He immediately adored the weasel toy. Ripped it in half within minutes and was ecstatic over turning one toy into two.
Loved the tacos. So cute and the catnip was very fresh.
Cat whiskers and treats were a hit as well.
Laser toy is pretty be dazzling with its 4 interchangeable heads.


Overall this is such a great company and they have quickly become one of my favorites to receive.

Please visit their website at
Http://www.kitnipbox.com and spoil your cat by ordering one today!

No comments:

Post a Comment