Thursday, April 24, 2014

Silly Rhino April Review


This is a review for a children's monthly subscription box called Silly Rhino. 
They are on the high end of kids boxes and after an awful experience with Bluum, I decided the extra money would be worth it to get Logan a nice and useful sub.





The cost:


Okay so not a $20 a month kind of thing. Even more expensive than Citrus Lane's $29/month.  But after reading hundreds of amazing reviews I decided to give them a try, telling myself that if they were anything less than spectacular I would cancel immediately. 

Opening April's box:


We Received:




Individual Items:

 Rolling Raindrop by Wonderland
Rolling toy that will help children develop hand eye coordination and gross motor skills. Can use as clutching toy and rattle but when they are older they will have fun manipulating balls to drop through the holes in the middle. Manufactured in Thailand out of Rubber wood trees with non toxic paint. Very cool, my son will definitely enjoy this.  Even my husband and I were amused playing with it.
Value: $12. 

Giraffe Plush Lovey by Douglas
Okay this is probably the softest thing ever and so thick and well made. We couldn't believe there was a giraffe in the box as I am obsessed with them. I even lightly centered my wedding around a giraffe theme and had a giraffe print cake. (It was done in tiers and shiny metallic gold and white and was super elegant. )
 Value: $14

Here's a picture of JUST my mantle (not even the rest of my house) to give you an idea....

 Indestructible Book
Water proof, tear resistant, and baby durable. You can even pop it in the dishwasher! I didn't know such a thing existed. 
Value: $5

Closet Dividers by Sugarbooger
Super cute and usable. Made from what I think may be melamine.  You can organize your kids clothes by size, type or day of the week.
Value: $12

Total Value: $43

I never really count each items value because if it were that important to me to budget and get a crazy deal I wouldn't be buying monthly extras that are unnecessary (but fun and enjoyable) like sub boxes.

 If Logan likes the stuff and if I find the items useful then my monthly splurge was worth it. Obviously Silly Rhino puts a lot of thought and love into each item in their boxes.

Unfortunately I will only be having one more box with Silly Rhino (May's box) due to financial reasons. But you can bet when things settle down around here hopefully in another few months I will be signing back up with them. They are lovely and if you can afford it for your child, I strongly recommend Silly Rhino.

Http://www.sillyrhino.com



No comments:

Post a Comment